Coast to Coast Am Daily

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coast To Coast Am radio broadcasts featured daily. Check us out for out of this world info that will simply create an inception within your mind.

>>>WELCOME to my forums! Here is the domain of the weird and wonderful! Don't forget to checkout today's latest C2CAM broadcast on my website: www.C2CAMDaily.com or simply click the button on the left sidebar!<<<

---C2CAM Broadcasts---

photo 11111_zps1905f465.png

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

2 posters

Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami?

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? Empty Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami?

Post by Admin Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:30 am

Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? Tsunami_2540396b

Calm was the last thing that Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? (BBC Two) was trying to create. Instead the objective of this imagined staging of a super wave hitting Europe and America appeared to be the creation of enough fear to have paranoid survivalists fleeing up the nearest mountain to barricade themselves in. What else was this Hollywood-style, CGI-heavy bad dream with hysterical voice-over and tribal wailing trying to achieve? Understanding for the real survivors of the real tsunamis that really killed 200,000 people and devastated the Indian Ocean region in 2004? Or the even more recently traumatised victims of this natural horror show in Japan? I hadn’t detected a world sympathy deficit following these events, and use of real footage of the carnage from those disasters mixed up with fantasy sequences seemed gratuitous.

Was it therefore to make us sit up and take notice of the scientists warning us that a small Canary Island could well collapse and trigger a wave big enough to pound across Europe and increase in magnitude as it crossed the Atlantic Ocean to wipe out the Caribbean and East Coast of the USA? If so, I’m sure self-interest resulted in half the audience turning off at the point where we were told London would be fine, Brighton might have a bit of “disruption” and America might not be prepared because New Yorkers famously didn’t take warnings seriously. Worse, was the conclusion to this hysterical piece of science fantasy: as Japan showed us, you couldn’t do anything to prepare for a tsunami anyway. This was a frightening vision I’d sooner forget.

Any thoughts?
    High Desert
    High Desert

Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? Empty Re: Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami?

Post by High Desert Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Lot of thoughts. I do not know the thinking behind making the clip. I do know emotions are a well known motivator. There are far to many people that believe our modern way of life is stable, is infallible. It is far from that. Way to many people think a simple phone call will fix problems after a major disaster. They can't even imagine the phone not working let alone being ready for whatever disaster is possible for their area.

If this video wakes them up to these two simple facts to save life and make life more comfortable after a disaster then it has done its job in my view.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:09 pm

I would agree. Now the major fact that scares me the most is how benevolent people think they are. As if they are untouchable, but this is a sad misgiven fact. You know how easy it is to kill an insect. Just imagine the earths might being the the hand and us the insect, we may be agile and small. But the the overall ending will always be the same.

You can't out maneuver nature in itself, only careful preparation and forward thinking will save the masses in the long run.
    High Desert
    High Desert

Post by High Desert Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:29 am

Speaking of being insects to Mother nature, Have you read Art's & Whitley's book Global Superstorm? I've seen two articles last week, each based on a different aspect of weather, indicating the book's scenario has reached about 10 minutes to midnight so to speak. 
                                             Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? Affraid

It's an interesting read if you have not. Book reads from an as it is happening point of view focusing on social aspects with weather and other facts interlaced.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 am

High Desert wrote:Speaking of being insects to Mother nature, Have you read Art's & Whitley's book Global Superstorm? I've seen two articles last week, each based on a different aspect of weather, indicating the book's scenario has reached about 10 minutes to midnight so to speak. 
                                             Could We Survive a Mega-Tsunami? Affraid

It's an interesting read if you have not. Book reads from an as it is happening point of view focusing on social aspects with weather and other facts interlaced.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that book a ago.
    High Desert
    High Desert

Post by High Desert Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:57 pm

I refound the 2 links I mentioned. This link combined them and adds even more info.
    Crazy Weather Conditions

I should mention I am not in the global warming is man made camp. I did not say I do not believe we are experiencing global warming, we are experiencing, it's just not cause of mans oil and coal use. NASA has been putting out evidence for last 15 years other planets and our sun are also warming or being effected by,, well I believe we have entered a more dusty part of the galaxy thus we have more friction.

I do not believe man is able to head off, reduce, stop, control, global warming either. We need to figure out and learn how to deal with the warming better not try and fix it.

Last edited by High Desert on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:27 am

High Desert wrote:I refound the 2 links I mentioned. This link combined them and adds even more info.
    Crazy Weather Conditions

I should mention I am not in the global warming is man made camp. I did not say I do not believe we are experiencing global warming, we are experiencing, it's just not cause of mans oil and coal use. NASA has been putting out evidence for last 15 years other planets and our sun are also warming or being effected by,, well I believe we have entered a more dusty part of the galaxy thus we have more friction.

I do not believe man is able to head off, reduce, stop, control, global warming either. We need to figure out and learn how to deal with the warming better not try and fix it.

This has been my supposition all the time, even before global warming became the new fashion of debate across the world. I have all ways looked to nature to first look for answers regarding major changes on a global/solar system scale. I have also tried to convince personal friends and family that it's not all it's made up to be. It's a part of evolution in change and understanding.

Once again the environment is changing and yet we still need to adapt and make the best of it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 pm